Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Finally...

...I got to visit the very elusive-to-me Pizza Azzuro. I have to say, it was well worth the wait! Having moved to Main Street recently, Pizza Azzuro stepped it up in decor and location. With its blue & white striped outdoor curtains and long frabric shades, to the black woodwork and large mirrors, everything about this place says "stay here and enjoy." And that I did.

I met a friend there this evening to catch up, have a glass, and share some stories. We both ordered the Siduri 2005 Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley in Oregon. It started out rather astringent, but opened up beautifully and was a pleasure to imbibe. Soft tannins and smooth mouthfeel welcomed a teeeeeny bit of spice and a lot of killer fruit flavors with open arms. (I know no one actually says "mouthfeel" in real life, but it's such a perfect description! I'm all about texture, and mouthfeel is the perfect term for my version of wine texture.)

A swing dance partner to my sweet onion and goat cheese pizza, this wine held its own, even with the powerful flavors of my delicious, patiently-awaited Pizza Azzuro dinner.

Rating: 3.5 corks

No comments: